View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 12:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default never told you guys?

I'm stunned I never told you guys.

In Feb was the "fusion". In March, my ENT gave me dexamethasone 1 (ONE) mg/ml to use, two puffs each nostril twice a day, with antifungal nose spray.
By May I saw my cheeks had changed shape and I looked like a different person. I went to an endocrinologist who did cortisol and ACTH levels and found me to be suppressed at both adrenal and pituitary. I then went to my old sinus guy, who graduallyd decreased the nose spray. I was at normal in the autumn, but then the mail order sent the wrong dose, and my adrenals stopped again. I argued with the pharmacy, and eventually mailed them the bottle to show them they'd blown it. They apologized, and again I had to be tapered. Then I called them for a refille this past week and read the botte closely and saw that once again it was the ONEmg/ml, rather than 1/4 mg/ml dose. My doc ordered the cortisol, and it's zilch. And then I had the ACTH, which I won't know about til tomorrow. Meanwhile, I'm going to have to squeeze in the endo before I leave. Hope he will just talk with me on the phone.

Can you believe this? And then...of course, I didn't fuse.

--- LYME neuropathy diagnosed in 2009; considered "idiopathic" neuropathy 1996 - 2009
---s/p laminectomy and fusion L3/4/5 Feb 2006 for a synovial spinal cyst
LizaJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote