View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 05:28 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Neuro-psych

Hi Unlucky,

I can give you the technical song and dance if you like, but as the others have told you, a standard MRI is not very good for diagnosing brain injury. Even the more advanced imaging is not sensitive enough to detect all the millions of tiny axons that might have been damaged or torn.

The best way to detect brain damage and to understand how it's effecting your function is to have neuro-psychological testing. If you haven't had a neuro-psych, I strongly suggest that you demand one.

I'm really sorry about your TBI. It can be a scary and life-altering injury. If you haven't already done so, I suggest that you join a local support group. I don't know where you live, but if it's in the States, a visit to the Brain Injury Association of America webpage will give you a list of groups in your area as well as a wealth of information about your injury. If you're outside the U.S., other countries have their own organizations online.

Sadly, there are lots of TBI victims at NT who can answer any questions you may have - so feel free to fire away.

Good Luck
Hockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote