View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 05:32 AM
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelonely1 View Post
Thank you all for posting and trying to help, its nice to know that at least some people in the world want to listen.
I've only ever told one person I'm depressed (besides doctors that is). She's the only person who ever made me feel like I was cared for. She was always trying to make me be optimistic, and even got me to start taking meds. But since then I've driven her off; I think she got tired of trying to fix a person that obviously didn't think they could be fixed. And I eventually got sick of trying and stopped taking my meds. It takes too much energy to go to the doctor, get some meds, take them for a while, realize (unsurprisingly) they don't do anything at all, then do it all over again with one of the million other equally useless meds. Besides, I can barley pay rent as it is, without adding the cost of doctor visits and new meds. I long ago gave up hope of getting better.
Anyway....thanks again for listining. I'll try to keep coming back to post.
Oh that hopeless feeling is such an awful Beast! I'm so glad you're back here and talking to us. If you're drug resistant and lack the energy to go back to the dr, looks like you'll have to "fix it" yourself....easier said than done I know but you are definitely worth the try.

Do you like the read? I recently read Shoot The Dam Dog and for the first time I understood that depression is an illness like any other illness and the author herself struggled successfully with her depresssion.

Tell us more about yourself and the expierences you've had that brought you to this place in your life. We care...and listen with our hearts.

I'm going to be in and out of here for the next several days as my girls are home visiting but that black hole you're in has "sides" and there are people standing close by to help. And don't forget to read my "signature"...metanoia.org. Just click on it.

Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (09-21-2009), barbo (09-21-2009), Koala77 (09-21-2009), prairiemary (09-24-2009), thelonely1 (09-22-2009)