View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 06:39 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Hi,
Welcome to NT and thanks for sharing your story.

The cumulative effect of multiple concussions can be devastating. Hats off to you for coping as well as you have with all the symptoms of a major brain injury.

I’m not sure why you think you need to separate brain symptoms from pituitary. The brain controls everything and it isn’t uncommon for TBI victims to have thyroid and pituitary issues. Many members on NT would urge you to have blood panels to check your hormone levels.

I’m sorry, but not surprised, that you had little luck with your neurologist. Many of us here on NT think “good neurologist” is an oxymoron. Anyway, it appears you need someone else. Brain injuries are difficult and expensive to treat so many doctors will give you an MRI (although they know darn well those things aren’t very good at finding brain injury), declare it clean and send you on your way.

What you need is neuro-psychological testing. The neuro-psych will pinpoint what brain damage you have and how it’s effecting you. If you haven’t had a neuro-psych, demand one.

TBI patients need support to deal with what can be a scary and life-altering condition. If you haven’t already done so, you might want to visit the Brain Injury Association of America webpage at www.biausa.org
o In addition to providing a wealth of information about your injury, the page will also direct you to local services in your area. There are likely support groups meeting right in Georgetown:
o
BIA of Maryland :
o President: Cathryn Winslow
Executive Director: Diane Triplett
2200 Kernan Drive
Baltimore, MD 21207
Phone: 410-448-2924
In State Toll Free: 800-221-6443
Fax: 410-448-3541
E-mail: info@biamd.org

Good Luck
Hockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote