View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 09:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopezgpat View Post
Hi,

I just found out that I have a 3mm aneurysm on the left side behind the eye. I found this becuase I had a sudden headache followed with blurred vision and partial numbness to the face. Doctors say it is not related to the aneurysm and it was just a coincidence that they found it. I am 36 weeks pregnant and I'm very scared and confused about all of this. I am scheduled to have a C-section on October 7th, couple of days after that, I will have an angiogram to find out if there is something they can do about it. I have been reading a lot about aneurysms and hope there is something that can be done. I am very scared. Patti
Hi Patti, I am glad to hear you say that. I had an aneurysm coiled eighteen months ago. I had serious bouts of blurred vision and the doctors said it was not related to the aneurysm ... I think it is too much of a coincidence and think I was lucky to have had a warning. Mine was found shortly before Christmas and the doctors were happy to send me home to enjoy Christmas before coming back for my op, but I chose not to and mine was 7 mm. I know it is scary but the good thing is they know it is there and they will be able to treat it. Sometimes, if an aneurysm is small they don't need to treat it, they will just keep an eye on it as time goes by.
karen46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (09-21-2009)