View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 10:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

So I called his "girl" who handles everything as she and I have become very friendly and she knows me. Of course she was not in, but another woman was covering for her and she was great. She got e an appointmnet with my doc for this Friday. She made room by cancelling his lunch! This wonderful woman said I of all folks should see him one final time so he can:
1) write an overview letter for the next MD I choose that summarizes all my issues and the focus they are looking at (she said they rarely loom at more than the first few pages in your chart and lab reports, as oppossed to really reading a new patients old records)
2) get new Rx slips for all my meds so I don't gwt in a bind anytime in the next few months
3) get the chance to say our good byes and thank him for standing by me
4) ask him directly for a referral or 2 or 3 (and told me to bring in my insurance provider book). Hopefully he will call the new MD and get me a sooner rather than later new patient appt; plus he can tell th new doc about me himself

Funny, I am still not hrilled he is moving but this makes me feel MUCH beter about breaking in a new doctor right at this crucial stage.

Thanks for all your support (and laughter Sally!)

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!
jprinz99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote