View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I copied this from the Intro section for kfarneti.

Welcome, I'm sorry to hear you aren't recuperating as well as you hoped.

surgeons have been known to say such dumb things...and I have read before that they dump patients that are having issues still..

have you or a friend had time to double check on that surgeon, was he a bonafide TOS expert or just a wanna be...

How bad were your pain level and symptoms at time of dx?

and how do they compare now?

many that had surgery took over a year to recover from the nerve sx, and you also could have some other things going on that that particular surgery didn't address.

some will eventually get RSD or Fibromyalgia over time....
and some will get scar tissue regrowth that creates adhesions and more sx.

If you can find a very good expert /advanced chiro that understands a bit about TOS and is into using many of the modalities {ultrasound, low level laser, IF stim, c1/ c2 adjustments} as well as hands on soft tissue work, then you might just find someone that can really help you.

Mine really has helped me by resolving severe spasms, triggerpoints, flares of joint/tendon pain, posture improvement, and lately low back/sacroiliac & foot/heel pain.
I didn't have Ins. at the beginning and he was very nice to give me a discount for cash.

If you look for a chiro or even an advanced PT person, be sure to have an evaluation or at least a interview type first visit with many, before committing to one.

Our useful sticky thread is a crash course in TOS & therapy info - post # 1 there is a good starting place. You'll probably get brain freeze after awhile but take a break every so often and it will soak in for you.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread84.html

It helps to learn as much as you can before looking for a DC or adv. PT or even your next MD.

Last edited by Jomar; 09-21-2009 at 07:40 PM.
Jomar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote