View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 02:59 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I talked to my regular neuro today on the phone. He wants me to go to my regular doctor for the tennis elbow. (I'm starting to have symptoms of tennis elbow in my right arm now too)

He said that he thinks the numbness is from the MS and has nothing to do with the tennis elbow, other than the fact that it's making the tennis elbow that much more uncomfortable. He said that there wasnt anything to do for the numbness (ummm...pain meds? please?) Didnt even offer me Lyrica.

Oh, and when I was talking to him about the numbness, he made a comment like "well, we know you have a lesion in your brain that's caused this numbness before...". I was was like..."what lesion in my brain?". He didnt elaborate. I always thought that my numbness problems were from my cervical spine. (lesion on C4...and one down on T12) I've only had the one brain MRI way back in 2006 that had a dot or two, but nothing they called lesions.

Ok, so I'm going to my regular doctor in about an hour. I'll be asking him what kind of pain meds might help the numbness in the hand not hurt so much...or, maybe I'll get really lucky and he'll finally write the Rx for LDN for me. (I could put up with the pain if he'd let me finally try LDN. I'm not a big fan of pain meds even when I'm in pain.)

The neuro told me to talk to my regular doctor about either a referral to an orthopedic surgeon (surgery? I dont think so!) or to write me a Rx for some physical therapy (I'd rather have that)

I was supposed to be calling my regular doctor around now anyways for that ever elusive LDN prescription. I'm really hoping that he'll finally write it for me. I'm not expecting him to, but I'm still hoping.

I wonder if the LDN, if I can get it, would help the numbness...

I finally got annoyed with not being able to crochet or knit, so I decided to do some knitting last night, and my arm didnt explode or fall off...so I'm going to do small amounts of knitting/crocheting and call it "physical therapy". I just wont sit for hours on end working on stuff. I'll just do it in little bits while I watch tv.

My brain just felt happier that I knitted some last night...even tho I couldnt feel the yarn inbetween my left middle and index fingers when I was yarning over the needle, just being able to play with the yarn made me feel less stressed. It didnt seem to make anything hurt any worse. I just had to keep stopping to find the yarn to wrap around the needles because I'd drop it and couldnt tell until I didnt feel the tension of the yarn on the needles.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (09-22-2009), Lady (09-21-2009)