View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 04:07 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi mam32 glad you found us and want to welcome you.
To answer your question ....
I first attempted in high school after my father passed away at home had massive heart attack . anyways .
then it was just my mom my twin bro and one of my other bros and me... My mom got me help then... I went to talk to councilor and and she let the school know about my dark thoughts and such. I learned coping skill and safe things to do other then self injury. i was on meds Joining track and field also helped me back then it was a way to use my anger and energy to compete and also helped by making me feel like part of something..a team.

my last attempt ...I was...am grown in my 30s then 2 kids of my own and hub... I went threw many talk doc until I found one I could talk to one i felt I could trust and be honest with. I was on meds again for depression. My family just wanted me to get better and wanted me to reach and get help. they adjusted their routine and bent anyway they could for me . mostly THEY LET ME KNOW THEY LOVED ME NO MATTER WHAT. they showed it in different ways . and showing me they loved me proved they cared and needed me. I found writing my thoughts down was healing ..I would keep journal and show it to doc when I went .
I hope I am helping and that I understood your question...but i have a feeling I am kinda off base with what your wanting for an answer.
..maybe I can ask ..How old is that person are they male or female? did something happen to cause this.? I ask cus first time was passing of dad and hard time in school with other kids and the last time mine was from accident and sever pain .
anyways I think it best if I let some others provide answers.... I just hope something I wrote helps.
maybe you could allow that person to come here and chat with others who have "been there" or maybe get them into a group counseling thing. I want to say get rid of any guns and other things that could be used to harm or kill but I might be out of line... sorry.
I am praying this family member reaches out gets help and finds healing peace soon.
You are a great for searching and trying to help.... never stop doing that! Blessing to you.
PEACE
BMW
Burntmarshmallow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (09-21-2009), barbo (09-23-2009), bizi (09-21-2009), Doody (09-22-2009)