View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 06:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi tos8,
I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad sz. in church yesterday. If I may ask when you were having the sz. and jerking around were you aware of what was going on, another words were you conscious? The reason why I'm asking you this is because if you were conscious and realized what was going on you might have been having a clonic sz. and not a complex partial sz. This is what has happened to me after yrs. of absence, and complex partial sz. now I have clonic sz. where I will fall to the floor and only be unconscious long enough to hit the floor and then I'm conscious and just like you I'm jerking around and I can't speak. Since I started taking keppra this past August I have found that the clonic sz. and complex partial sz. have stopped I only have absence sz. now. You might want to speak with your neuro. and look into taking keppra I know it's done wonders for me. Also tell your neuro to order a drug level blood test for you because many times when my drug level was to high while taking tegretol it would trigger sz. for me. Be sure to stay away from grapefruit while taking this drug the enzymes in the fruit will mess up the tegretol and can cause sz. I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote