View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 10:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I kept going in and out. One minute I could hear what was goin on and then I was back out again. When I started with the staring one, its like I fell "asleep", I knew I was going to have it (my left hand started to spasm), but that all was black and I couldnt hear, it wasnt until I started jerking that I could start hearing again and then I could hear the person talkin to me for a moment and I would even try and tell myself to move or say somthn and I couldnt and then I was back out again, and then again I heard some one say "She has seizures all the time, dont panic" And I heard a couple of times them yelling my name and the person grabbing ahold of me and holding me, i remember feeling so comfortable and safe then. And I then again just kept telling myself to try and move or talk, open my eyes or for it to stop and I couldnt. And it was like even the times I couldnt hear them I could still think to myself. Does that make sense? Alot of parts I dont remember and then theres parts I remember very vividly. I just had a tegretol level a couple weeks ago and its at a perfect level. I do know when I hear everyone, if they panic then I panic and there were alot of people in there and alot of people that were freaked and panicked. But those voices were very distant hearing to me. The person that was holding me talking to me, she was loud but it was slower for me, like her talking was very drawn out. Does any of this make sense at all? Its very hard for me to explain, but I want to explain it to some one that understands. I am defently going to ask about the keppra! Thank you so much! Its great to talk with people that understand this! Also, when I have seizures they dont stop, the only way I can get out of it is if well my mother is there and irritates me and talks to me and I dont know what all she does, but like yesterday the other people that were tryin to help me, they couldnt get me out of it, and these seizures last for about 10 min and longer and the longest has been 30 min and thats when the ambulance had to be called. The only way I seem to get out of it is when my mother is there and works with me, its like I only recignize sp? her voice and its only ever been her that ive been able to stop, but even her the longer I stay in one the worst it is for her to try and get me out of it. I dont just stop on my own and nobody else can help me get out of it. Have any of you had a problem with that? Now thats only when I go into the jerking ones after ive already been into staring type. But thats my problem, nobody relises im having that type until they go to talk to me and then usally by then its to late. Sorry I have so many quistiones, Im just still trying to learn what my body is doing and going threw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkette View Post
Hi tos8,
I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad sz. in church yesterday. If I may ask when you were having the sz. and jerking around were you aware of what was going on, another words were you conscious? The reason why I'm asking you this is because if you were conscious and realized what was going on you might have been having a clonic sz. and not a complex partial sz. This is what has happened to me after yrs. of absence, and complex partial sz. now I have clonic sz. where I will fall to the floor and only be unconscious long enough to hit the floor and then I'm conscious and just like you I'm jerking around and I can't speak. Since I started taking keppra this past August I have found that the clonic sz. and complex partial sz. have stopped I only have absence sz. now. You might want to speak with your neuro. and look into taking keppra I know it's done wonders for me. Also tell your neuro to order a drug level blood test for you because many times when my drug level was to high while taking tegretol it would trigger sz. for me. Be sure to stay away from grapefruit while taking this drug the enzymes in the fruit will mess up the tegretol and can cause sz. I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Last edited by tos8; 09-21-2009 at 10:41 PM.
tos8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote