Thread: oxygen
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 02:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks

Thanks Erin, Joan marie, Annie and Ally.

I just think Im going mad some days. I haven't let you in on the whole picture as I only worked it out yesterday and Im panicking! It makes sense of why my CRP is high and why my MG is getting worse.

When I was two I had major surgery on my bowel for an intussuception (probably spelt that wrong). I was fine after the op but at the time due to a misdiagnosis (common thread!) I was left with a 50/50 chance of survival as I went on the operating table. Anyway as I say the op went fine and Im here to tell the tale..

For years afterwards I would have spells of awful abdo pain, no one knew what it was until, after 6 months of being told I had IBS (another misdiagnosis!) I collapsed in 1998. I had bowel adhesions and they were pretty bad. Basically the whole of my intestines were stuck to the inside of my scar. It was awful, I was in so much pain after the op I was on a morphine pump, I couldn't sleep lying down and I had to be put on a catheter as my bladder stopped working. I was in hospital for 9 days.

The thing is now, I think I have them again. The pain is exactly like what I had in 1998. Im fine as long as I dont eat or drink (which was exactly the same as 1998). Not a great way to live. Ive always reacted strongly to the mestinon, but I have realised the pain that I have been suffering is exactly what I had before, I just put it down to the drugs. Obviously mestinon stimulates the intestines and that is exascerbating the problem. The pain I have is sharp colicky pains high up between my ridge cage and belly button. Then Im left with a dull ache. To say Im scared is an understatement. It is exactly the same symptoms that I had before in exactly the same place. The pain starts as soon as I put something in my mouth, so basically as soon as the intestine is stimulated. I couldn't work out why that as soon as I put a tablet in my mouth my guts hurt, even when using propantheline. Propantheline if I had IBS would stop the pain.

Im terrified this will mean I will have to have surgery again. The surgery doesn't worry me, its the fact I have no diagnosis for the MG. What if they ignore that completely, they could kill me.

Im also scared if I go to the drs he will tell me its all in my head. Stomach pain and muscle weakness are two symptoms of conversion disorder. Giving them yet another stick to beat me with.

Why me? Sorry to ramble but Im scared.

Love
Rach
rach73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote