Thread: Checking in...
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 06:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Checking in...

Hello,
It has been so long since I updated here & I apologize.

The children are off to elementary school now and we are getting into a routine. As much of a routine as you can get when Mommy has MG, right?

My neuro had written a letter to dh's insurance company (whom I despise) to see if they would cover IVIG on an every 3 week basis for at least a year. They agreed after MUCH deliberation.

I have never had so many plasmapheresis treatments as I have in the past year or so. I always did better with the IVIG immediately following the plasmapheresis treatments.

I will be able to get the treatments at home through our local home health agency, who is willing to work around school hours. I should be all finished for the day by the time the school bus pulls into our neighborhood!

I have networked with the teachers and a few of the other moms and am starting to develop an emergency backup system in case I am not well, dh is unreachable & my mother is out of town and I end up with a sick child that needs to come home. I make no secret of my MG and am not afraid to ask for help, should I need it.

Hopefully, the IVIG on regular basis will be just what I need to get back to where I need to be after 2 years.

We'd like to start remodeling now that the children are in school & make our home more accessible. If I am feeling better, I can have more input!

Happy Autumn,
Jenna
stayathomemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote