View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 08:06 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Don't me sorry. I know I can relate and I am sure others too. A few thoughts are you in mental therapy or seeing a psych? Now for the 1st 2 years of this i did not. I had in the past a lot but I was so if you would fix my pain and ohysical health mentally I would be better. Well this was not happening. As time went on I was truly loosing my mind. When I look back I should of been in a psych ward. Now I am not saying this you but me. Anyhow about 6 months ago I went to the psych and got back on mental meds and though my anxiety,depression,etc is still there I am much more rational,calm,and hopeful. It did not take away the physical pain but has helped me cope/accept/and make goals. I think for me I have my bad days and good mentally. Some days I just feel like how can I face the day like the other but I called my mom who motivated me to see the progress and went to a movie. It made me feel better. I understand as I want to work too. I need to feel productive and like a "person" right now my pain level is too high and unknown but I make other goals. So maybe you can. Like sign up for a class,volunteer,make a schedule and do things by that to get into a routine. May I ask though you know that about yourself your husbands statement how did that make you feel? I guess I ask because for the 2 years I was loosing my mind people were telling me that and it really ****** me off. Now I know they were right and wanted the best but I think a lot is how one is approached. Even when docs talk about the mental. I agree this does take a toll that way so suggesting therapy is good but making it seem like therapy will cure the pain is not or that this is in the head. So using your voice and telling people and even doctors how you feel and what can help I think is important. Ok enough of my novel. Hang in there and you have to hold to hope.
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (09-23-2009), allentgamer (09-25-2009), hope4thebest (09-22-2009), loretta (09-23-2009), Mslday (09-22-2009), Sandel (09-26-2009), SandyRI (09-23-2009)