View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 09:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mam32 View Post
Hi. I am interested in hearing from as many people as possible about how families successfully and unsuccessfully deal with a suicidal family member after an attempt. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
I am going thru this right now. My husband tried to shoot himself in the head almost two weeks ago and survived. He has been thru 4 surgeries and will require more. I have two childern that I have to be strong for. I am having a very difficult time with this. Our marriage was not strong before he did this and I do not know what the outcome will be. There is a big part of me that wishes this act would have been finished. This road to hell is alot worse. I feel that there would have been closure and I could move on with my life, but now everything is up in the air. There is so many emotions! I am sick of people telling me at least he survived. Well they do not have to look at him everyday with the scars from surgery and the bullet wound to the head.

I tried to get him help in the past and did not go for it. People are saying maybe this is the second chance he needed to get help but I personally do not think it will work.

I would like to hear from women that have gone thru this as well and what they did.
sadgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (09-23-2009), Doody (09-22-2009)