Thread: Who Loves Art
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 11:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default art from others

I would like to see more art from other members also. Art has become my best therapy for pd and other ailments I have. It is calming and relaxing and depending on your choice of art or crafts doesn't require much physical strength or expenditure. I do glass lampworking, jewelry making and colored pencil drawings. I think this has kept my hand coordination good and definitely has helped my depression. It makes you feel so good about yourself when you can admire and be proud of something you made. I have had to quit work, but with my art I feel I am still important. I know I should feel important without art but when you have worked your whole life, you become very achievement oriented unfortunately.
I love art and anything beautiful. Photography is also part of this. You find beautiful sights or objects, take the picture and recreate it in glass, pencil, paint, whatever. There are endless posibilities. This gets you outside and always inspired by the beauty around you hopefully.
It seems that since I have had pd and have had to quit work, art has taken on more importance in my life. I hope others find the same thing.
libra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (06-24-2010), sojournitaly (10-03-2009)