View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 05:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Laura,
1. I feel that the relationship between the doctor-patient has to be comfortable for you as a person who will benefit in this interaction, be it teacher-student like, equal partners or whatever way you feel appropriate when you meet your neurologist.

2. In my book, there are no dumb questions, every question you ask will help you and him/her. If I am not sure of what I am asking, I usually say that.....eg., Dr. so and so, I want to try calcium blockers because there was some discussion on Neurotalk, what is your suggestion?

3. I also control my medications: how much, how many times etc., and I tell my doc exactly what i am doing or intending to do

4. I am very open about my alternative therapies, doc might not believe it or OK it, but if you benefit from it, he/she will notice it a year from now.

5. I get a 15min appointment wiht my neuro every 3 months and i maintain a record of my meeting and tell her about the progress or lack there of in response to her "how are you doing?"

Oops, I just read your post again, sorry for the unwanted advice!
Here are the specific questions I would ask:

Is it OK with him or her if I want to be on minimal meds, try alternative treatments and adjust my medications as I need, of course I will consult him/her regarding that
I read a lot about PD and so I will always have questions and hope he or she does mind that!

Good Luck!
girija
girija is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Conductor71 (09-24-2009)