View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 06:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I think that while they are fixing the medical care they should take the insurance companies out of it. I mean it isnt a gamble with health care like it is with auto insurance, or life insurance.

We will get sick sooner or later in life. We should call it health care, exactly what it is.

Sorry if this went off topic

Quote:
IRBs at many universities are incompetent and the FDA is corrupt when it comes to approving studies for RSD / CRPS.

The FDA and IRBs have both prevented the approval of clinical research initiated by clinical investigators in the United States.

Many IRBs don’t know how to manage risk associated with high-risk studies like the ketamine coma procedure. So rather than render the final decision for the study to go forward as they should at their university – they tell the investigator to go the FDA for a final decision which creates a bureaucratic nightmare and huge costs for the clinical investigator.

The FDA relies on a user fee system that drug companies pay for the agency to have their products reviewed. In other words, IRBs delegate their responsibility to the FDA. But the FDA ONLY makes money to approve drugs for clinical research when studies are initiated by drug companies. In fact, it is estimated that over 60% of the cost of running the FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research – mostly for salaries - comes from the drug companies.

In my opinion, money has corrupted the FDA to its core when it comes to approving studies initiated by clinical investigators. The FDA refuses to tell IRBs to do their job.
But I think the insurance companies cause a lot of corruption in our government, and are in bed with the drug companies and our government. I would say that the insurance companies just love that this is happening between the FDA and IRB's.

Great post Mike.

Gone Squatchin
allentgamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (09-23-2009), fmichael (09-22-2009), hope4thebest (09-23-2009), nancyinLA (09-22-2009), SandyRI (09-22-2009)