View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 07:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintSoBad View Post
Hey Mike.

Another thing I learned about Insurance companies...
If You need something, NEED it, so badly that you'll spend your own money.
THEY WILL REIMBURSE!
Because why?
They've got NO CHANCE in court!

Don't listen to them! and their BS!

You need something, and you can afford it, have a lawyer, and a Professional witness (doctor), BUY IT! (Often, your lawyer will buy it for you).
(I used to do work, and wait for the reimbursement). Rest assured, it's the INS company that's on the hook, NOT YOU!
YOU WILL BE REIMBURSED!

Pete
asb
Hi there Pete--

I was warned by my attorney NOT to do that with ketamine treatments. He said that he has seen individuals have difficulty in RI courts getting reimbursed for treatments that insurance companies might be able to show are "experimental" and that are really expensive, like ketamine. So they are trying to get approval for me for ketamine PRIOR to me receiving any treatments, just to be safe (I go for an evaluation this Fri at St. Luke's in NYC - keeping my fingers crossed....)

I did do that with my blocks, though. I charged them to United Healthcare because The Hartford denied them. My attorney was successful in getting them all reversed. I needed the treatments done, so I did what I needed to do and it all worked out in the end. I would do that again if I had too, and urge others here on the board to do the same. The charges were valid, and my claim is valid, and my health and welfare are important to me and my family. Ironically, WC benefitted because by getting the blocks I was able to continue working six months longer than I would have been able to work without the blocks.

I wish I was home in the Philly area and could use your Dr. Knobler for my RSD. He sounds wonderful. I do have a great doc in Boston, it's a hike to get there, though. If I get accepted into a ketamine program in NYC it will be even worse - at least two and half hours driving on really awful roads through CT to get there for each appt. YUK. I love RI, but there's no place like home.

Take care Pete, Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (09-23-2009)