View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 07:25 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

With the pupils, when I am in the hospital they always check and then recheck before giving morphine to make sure my pupils contract slowly, but not too slow, as then that is a sign that I am getting too much med.

On the flip side, this doc I was seeing asked me if I was taking the full amount of pain meds I was allowed and I said "yes" and the of course, he checked my pupils and they contracted rapid - fast - no delay, which caused him to make the comments about me not getting even 1/2 of what I should be getting for relief, so that my body can heal, instead of expending it's efforts all towards fighting the pain and the pain "wreckage" it causes.

So with my new pain relief, I am able to do some things to help myself get better, like doing the strectches, and longer walks, and even ballet (I used to take it, so I did it in the pool! I am now able to use the jacuzzi and pool, where I used to just lay on my bed and look at it. I was up last night talking - something I didn't have the energy to do! Well, everyone is in shock by how well I am doing.

The only thing I am not "getting" is WHY am I developing this inability to spell or rememb
er people's names, or even my pets!
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (09-23-2009), billy027 (09-22-2009), Hockey (09-25-2009), tamiloo (09-27-2009), Twinkletoes (09-22-2009)