View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 09:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Max,

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us. It is fantastic that you have reduced your meds in such a dramatic way. I am in awe that you practice Bikram yoga- I started practicing Vinyasa flow prior to my PD diagnosis and even then it kicked my butt.

I truly believe that the meds actually make us dependent in a sense; I think they intensify our symptoms as our brains and bodies frantically look for something that all of a sudden isn't there as drug wears off or is fully metabolized. I'm not sure if it's the drug itself or the fact that it peaks-crashes and has systemic effect. I truly feel worse the more I use and the longer I've used it.

I have a few questions. I am currently seeking a new neurologist and looking for someone who has a more holistic approach.

* Does your neurologist support and/or guide you in using Mucuna or any other herbal supplements?

* How long did it take you to reach your current levodopa daily therapy? Did you schedule a taper off of Sinemet over the course of many months?

* Do you practice yoga daily?

* Do you still work?

* Do you take any other supplements?

Thanks again,

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote