View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 09:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

They're all spectacular, but my favourites are the third from the left, in the top row (with the circular patterns) and the single one...I like the curvy pieces that you attached at the top of the single one...Nice repetition and balance!

Pumpkins are so perfect for carving...it's only too bad that they can't be preserved

That's so cool that you were an art teacher...Art class in highschool was always my favourite...I felt completely relaxed and at home there...When I went to college for arts, it was smoothe sailing- until the blasted hand and chest weakness...But I loved the experience of it...

It's cool that you like Georgia O'Keefe...She was my OAC art teacher's favourite as well

I think that my favourites are Van Gogh and this other guy who I discovered on TVO...He's Russian-Canadian and he does these remarkably realistic paintings-they look like photographs, but they have this motion in them that reminds you that you're looking at someone's particular perspective, not the objective perspective of a camera...He does every day themes...He did one painting of a nun in a sunflower garden...I've tried to look up the painting for so long to get his name, but I haven't been able find it...I loved the simplicity of the idea, and the motion and colours he put in the painting....

Nicky
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote