View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 10:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Gershonb,

It sounds like you have been through quite a struggle. I'm sorry to hear about your late wife. It's amazing how our will to fight and be strong for others can overwhelm our own issues.

I have to thank you for your story and your information. While I was in the hospital at the end of July, I had a 72 hour period of time where my body was not breathing on its own. No one seemed to understand what was going on, and they were sending in pulmonologists to ck me. I couldn't explain to them that my lungs were fine, it was my brain that wasn't making me breathe automatically.

No one said central apnea, no one seemed to get what was going on. It's enlightening to hear a name for this condition, and I have since been doing research on it. I don't know if it happens while I'm sleeping, but we are going to find out. It stopped on its own while I was in the hospital.

I couldn't get an answer on why this happened or what it meaned. I see my general MD next week, and she wants to discuss it with me.

Where are you at in your doctors visits? Are you only on Ritalin?

I have insomnia if I don't take my Amitriptyline before bed. It helps me stay asleep during the night and through til the morning. I take Nuvigil during the day to help combat my fatigue, but just found out my insurance rejected the pre-auth for it. I'm not sure what will come next. I also take Treximet for migraines.

I'm glad you found this site, and I hope that it can help you.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (09-24-2009)