View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 10:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am going to see my neuro tomorrow, so hopefully he can help me. The sz. are taken a toll on me, my speech now will slurr and its drawn out, like I have a hard time thinkin what I want to say and ill be in the middle of a word and ill get stuck half way in the word or I get my words mixed up. My neuro did tell us he wanted us to call 911 if ive been in one longer the 5 min, but my goodness we would be callin 911 all the time then! So we said thats impossible to do. My sz. started back in may and we are thinkin even befor that when I started takin tramadol for pain. So they stopped me from takin it, but my sz. never stopped. Yes we have notices certain noises will send me into a sz. we picked that up after like the 4th time of me being in one of the settings. Other then that I dont know what triggers them, They just happen and theres not a thing I can do about it. This is my second time have one at church! The first time being in service and then this last time being in sunday school, very very embaressing! The people in there are only from 18-30 so it scared them to death! 4 people saw me havin it, but they were so stunned and have never seen a sz. they didnt say anything! So the 2 people in front of me that I have explained to them what to do for me incase I would ever have one in there couldnt even help me right away because nobody said anything, and they didnt no until finally some one told them and by then it was because I was about to fall out of the chair. Nice huh? But im very silent when I have them, so like I said inless your talking to me or looking at me you would not know im having one. My staring ones, they even have trouble because I "look" at them, but im not really looking at them and the one time my brother was with me when it happend and he said I was repetitive, I kept saying "no", But I was not aware of it. Im not aware at all when I have those sz. Im sorry, its all just crazy tryin to figure out what my brain is doin and goin threw all of this. Thank you so much for talkin with me! Its really helpin me understand some of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkette View Post
Hi tos8,
Your sz. sound very similar to mine. I'm no neuro but what you are describing sounds a lot like my clonic sz. when you're in and out of it and can't do a thing what concerns me is when they last over 10 min. this is known as a status sz. and can cause more brain damage. I started to have absence status sz. a few yrs. ago when I was put on the drug neurontin for headaches from a concussion I got when I was in an auto accident. After I went off the neurontin the status sz. stopped completely. What I find interesting is how your mom can bring you out of these sz. with her voice, this may happen do to the sound of her voice. Some people with epilepsy have audio and visual sz. and that's when certain sound or lights can trigger sz. but in your case it's stopping the sz. be sure to mention this to your neuro and I would also look into taking keppra to see if it helps you.

I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue
tos8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote