Thread: oxygen
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 01:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hi

Bit the bullet yesterday and spoke to the Dr. He was very nice but obviously theres not a lot he can do over the phone. I have a home visit today lined up for lunchtime.

The pain has settled a little, Im just left with a dull ache rather than the sharp colicky pains. I can cope with the dull ache.

A friend has told me that if it is bowel adhesions they will try and treat conservatively first. Which I didn't realise yesterday, I just went straight back into the horror of 1998. Treatment is usually IV fluids for a day or so to let everything rest and settle. Also the majority of bowel adhesions do resolve themselves. So Im hoping this is the case.

Decided to tell the Dr as I figure if I end up having surgery its better that its planned than it being an emergency. I have the MGFA book and so does my neurologist, so if it comes to that I will shove it under their noses.

Thanks I just went into extreme panic mode yesterday, 1998 was a horrible year (I do seem to collect them! LOL) and I didn't want to repeat it.

Love
Rach
rach73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote