View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 08:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

hi... my sister has been diagnosed with MG about a year ago & we were considering various options for her. Apart from Mestinon there are a bunch of Steroids that she has been prescribed... she has been taking these medicines for a year now, she is able to conduct normal routine work but keeps falling ill atleast once in twenty days. Also she has now started getting lot of side effects - she has put on 15 kgs of weight, developing red marks all over the body, pimples on the face etc. We have started considering Thymectomy - so would like to know if it really helped you in the curing process.

Also are you also suffering from any side effects or not???? though I would sincerely hope not.

PLZ reply ASAp as her condition is worsening by the day. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinhermes View Post
Fom what my neuro told me, you can still have MG and not have an enlarged thymus........in fact, Scotscat does have MG, but the docs will not remove her thymus b/c it isn't enlarged either.

My thymus wasn't enlarged, in fact, my surgeon said was "Surpirisingly small and very high up" yet I had mine removed about a month after my diagnosis......Granted, I tested positive for EVERYTHING else for MG - antibodies were @ 600 when I was in the ICU.

I did not have a thymoma. My thymus wasn't big, yet I still have MG.

Hope this helps!
Erin
anzoin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote