View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 09:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhibbing View Post
Hi Karen and thanks for your input!!! Waiting for Dr to call and get some info on size,location etc. Want to do surgery today or tomorrow. How big was yours? How long were you in the hospital? I appreciate your response.

Rick
Hi Rick, as soon as they found my aneurysm they put me in hospital but it took over a week to decide the best way to operate, either coiling or clipping because of where it was located. I was glad it was coiling as it was just a little nick in my groin! Besides a bit of a headache afterwards it was virtually pain free. I stayed in intensive care for one night and then went on the ward for another two weeks. Mine was 7 mm. I went back for a scan at six months and everything was fine and my life is completely normal. I don't suffer from headaches or anything and I feel really lucky that they found it and repaired it. I am due to go for another scan around christmas time and I think they will just keep an eye on it to make sure everything is as it should be. I know it is scary but the sooner it is done the sooner it is over. I hope you know soon enough when you are going. Keep smiling :-)
karen46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (09-23-2009)