View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 07:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Nerve Blocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
If you had nerve blocks done was it something you did soon after being diagnosed with RSD or after you tried many other things?

How sucessful was the nerve block? Anyone here had a nerve block and it either did wonders for you or it did absolutely nothing?

I understand that you can get multiple blocks done-- is it something you can't rule out until you've done so?

Thanks.

HI VANESSA!

I don't know what kind of nerve blocks you are referring to. But I'll tell you what I learned through my experience.

About a year after my accident, before being diagnosed with RSD I had two cervical epidural for the pain in neck, shoulder, arm/hand, because an MRI found a slightly bulging disc at C5,C6. That helped but only temporarily.

Two years later, after they discovered I had RSD, I was sent back to the same PMD for Stellate Ganglion Blocks, which are specifically for RSD I believe. He said it would have been better for me to start the SGB's with the 1st 6 mos after the injury, but that he wanted to try it, even though it had been 3 years.

I was helped TREMENDOUSLY by them!! And the relief lasted a long time. At first it seemed my pain was totally gone. It slowly returned but it took a year for it to get back as bad as it had been. Maybe if I would have been given them early on it would have "cured" me....I'll never know.

But if they offer SGB's to you I encourage you to consider it!

(((hugs)))

DeniseG
Denise G is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote