View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 10:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Crs

Tam,

There is a name for the syndrome, it is called CRS (Can't Remember S&*$). I am glad you are doing better. The CRS can be caused by any number of things, among them natural aging. Most of my age group complains of losing their memory. I went through a severe bout of this after a head trauma, and to a certain extent things never went back to normal. Remembering names was something really hard for me. In fact, my head still hurts from this trauma 18 years later, though not as much.

I went to a Neuropsychiatrist and they measured some baseline stuff. He compared how i solve problems to my memory. Basically if all's well these measures would be equal. What he found was that I solved problems much better than I could remember them. This is a red flag, because with normal aging they would both deteriorate evenly. Then they were supposed to follow it up in 6 months, but by then I had new doctors who could not be bothered to complete a medical history long enough to get to this aspect of my care. The docs I have now will not talk about more than two health problems at the same time. I have a new doc now and I have had two visits and have so far discussed my rash, my eye infection, my knees, and my insomnia. Wonder how many visits before they truly understand me.
tied is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (09-23-2009), tamiloo (09-27-2009)