Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaA View Post
After she passed, my records were given to the Doctor in the office next to her, office to be held until they could be sent to a new physican.

I signed a witnessed release of my medical records to be sent to my new future Doctor, and I still have a copy of that.

Upon visiting my new physican with my husband present, the new Dr R*** commented on the size of my file...laying on his desk. He had taken it home the past weekend and said he had read it.

A few weeks ago when I requested copies of my 20 years of records...to give to a new Doctor....they could not be produced. Only a few sheets of copies prescriptions and one office visit from her. ! These pages includes his notes from 2005-2009. 18 pages total!
I have tried to obtain my records and to my dismay at this point have been unsuccessful...even with a call from my attorney. I am going to absolutely not give up on this!!!

I urge you all to obtain copies and update your files regularly. These are your medical files. There are laws that protect Drs from disposing of records (I think seven years), but to inforce that law you need an attorney and $$$$.

The new Dr R -did have all the files and now does not?
Or they will not give them to you?
I wonder if they got misplaced....as in misfiled or lost?
I hope they can be "found" for you soon
"Thanks for this!" says:
DianaA (09-23-2009)