View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 06:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by di2005 View Post
Hi, I am interested in the fact you have been taking treatments for several years-I think that is what I am facing too. Do you still have to have the EEG's occasionaly? I feel they are so barbaric and just plain horrible to go through. Do you take any other treatments with the ivig? I was diagnosed about three years ago and most of my trouble is in my legs. I need braces for foot drop so I can walk using a walker. My upper body so far is okay, however I broke my leg a month ago, so now I am looking at a bunch of therepy to keep what strenght I have left. Any information would be appreciated. Di
Di, I have had one EEG since the original one that cinfirmed my diagnosis. There was no clinical improvement from the first one but I was feeling much stronger due to the IvIg. As mentioned, I've been on IvIg for about 12 years with no side effects. I also take a prescription naproxen (500mg)an occasional tylenol #3 w/cod when the aches are really bad. The medicine that helps me the most is provogil (200mg). Provogil gives me the energy to exercise and stay active which helps keep my muscles from atrophying. This has worked for me. I hope it will help you.
rbpug is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote