View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 06:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimichicago View Post
--mine is only in my left foot, which nobody touches but me (sometimes i'll have my bf or mom put tiger balm on it, but SO gently),
I am so glad that there are others out there with RSD with the same hang-ups as myself. I can't fathom letting just anyone TOUCH me in my affected areas. I can touch them. And I wouldn't have a problem with my husband touching them, although he knows where my painful areas are and is careful not to bump or jar me where it would hurt. But I have a total phobia with anyone else trying to touch, let alone MASSAGE, my shoulder, my neck, my head, or my right leg where my RSD is located. I had 2 rotator cuff repair surgeries with very aggressive PT after both, which likely caused the RSD. I really think I may have developed some PTSS.

The one time the occipital area of my head was massaged, the results were disastrous for me. Although I felt dizzy and sick to my stomach immediately afterwards, it wasn't until much later on that the truly awful pain hit me. I suffer from delayed pain with my RSD, so I can't always tell how something is going to affect me until hours later.

Unless someone was to convince me that massage to going to yield some incredible results I have no intention of ever letting anyone touch me like that again. There's got to be a better way.

Can you perform stretches, exercises, walking, etc on your foot?

Good luck. Sandy

Last edited by SandyRI; 09-23-2009 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Spelling
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (09-23-2009), loretta (09-27-2009)