Thread: Checking in...
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 06:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugrkiss View Post
Sounds like you have been dealing with this for a while now. How do you do it!!! I was just diagnosed in July. I have three little boys, 2.5 months, 5 and 3.5. And since I got sick, I can hardly do anything with my kids besides sit on the couch and talk to them. I do take care of the baby during the day, but I have had to call help over several times due to my arms going out and not being able to pick him up. How do you run your days? And how involved with the normal say at home mom stuff are you able to be?

Thanks,

Jessica

I have LOTS and LOTS of help! The past two years have been hard, because I was very functional until then.

I found a young, single mom who has a child the same age as my two. I paid her a small amount (and access to my washer/dryer) and she came almost everyday for a few hours to take my children outside to play and to run! That stopped once all the children started school.

My husband has been a supportive and tidy partner. If he got overwhelmed, he tried not to show it too much. lol

Almost all my family pitched in, especially my mom and my teenaged niece. Give a teenager a legitimate reason to drive and use your gas ...they will always take it! I will never be without groceries as long as she's in high school.

My first bit of advice, especially with a baby, make sure you ask for help!Especially if you feel unsafe holding your baby. People with your church (if you have one), especially seniors, often volunteer their time. If someone lives close to you, maybe you could call them just when you feel you need the extra set of arms??

For more than 2 years, my priority was my children & to heck with the housework. My husband and my mom (thank God for my mother and her daily visits!) did all the housework. My niece did 80% of the shopping.

Are your older two in preschool/school yet??

Jenna
stayathomemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote