View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 09:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Angry Trying to survive AD

Thank u Nikki. I'm so sorry you have to suffer too. Tell me what r u doing for pain? And yes, read below about my pain doc.
I can't begin to tell u that it's ashame I am not the only one except that I feel this doc knew I would end up with AD. I am not the first. His comments that "O, my wife has it" makes u think he knows... he can cure me. Then later, after surgery you hear him talking to one of his India interns and say, "o, my x has that, why do you think she got the house?"

This doctor has a reputation for this as I was told by another Neurosurgeon. If only my husband would have taken 5-6 other Neurosurgeon's opinion; but no, he looked until he could find someone to do an MVD thinking it would help me. I came home; went to detox off Oxycontin and that's when my life was changed by the pain of AD. Now over a year later, I have problems with anger.

My brother in law just had surgery at a VA hospital and they took the wrong kidney and sliced his spleen and had to remove it. He has the kidney with two tumors in it. And, to make things worse, they have an immunity to prosecution.

We pay $30,000 for both of us to have health insurance and my pain doc says
with 7mg/day of Dilaudad per interthecal pain pump and 1.5 of miracaine (this is again a new med they are trying) that this is the best they can do. I have no more options. Nada, Bupkiss, nothing more anyone can do. I welcome any suggestions b/c i have a very large family who loves me. Please help me.

Last edited by findingjulz; 09-23-2009 at 09:55 PM. Reason: To add a thank you
findingjulz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote