View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 10:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfarneti View Post
Hi to everyone,
I'm F/47, dx tos late jan 09, had rib removed May 7th.
otobponca, I'm so glad to hear your postive results from your surgery!
Mine have not been so successful. I was in the hospital for 5 days went home, noticed my incicsion was not looking happy, went back to doc only to be put back in hospital for another 4 day to get rid of the infection! I still have much swelling, pain and numbness all the way down my arm and my fingers. I still have "pins and needles" and stingers. Now since the surgery, I've a deep cough (which we all know the painful results of those ) and the feeling of an ice pick(or a hot iron) shoved through my chest and out my shoulder blade! My pm says it's just the nerves settling down and it may take a while 6 mo to a year!The surgeon I had, stopped seeing me at the end of May. I told him of my issues and was told that I must be crazy, cuz non of his other patients had those problems
I have nothing left to say to him. I also now have no insurance, no medical or ssi allowed b/c I have a retirement fund, no sdi, no w/c and waiting for an answer from ssdi. I hear it could take years! they'll have to look for me living under a bridge or something by that time
Thanks for listening, I don't know what else to do. PT is too expensive, thinking about maybe finding a good chiro or pt or doc to date, know of any single
Kathy

ps: is there another thread for TOS or is this the one?
thanks
First, welcome new TOSer buddy,

Infection in addition to, huh? no fun.

ssdi takes a while. I suggest you contact your US Congressperson and ask for them to oversee your application, as you have no funds to push your app through. If they're worth your vote, they'll do that for you. This is one thing they can do. Or maybe I'm just bragging on Hal Rogers - KY US Congressperson.

I have been on high risk ins. Check with your state's high risk pool. take a higher deductible. premiums are high but it's insurance. Stay in your PPO, though.

I think even if you're approved for ssdi, it takes 2 yrs from the date of app - or the date you're deemed medically unable to work???? - before Medicare kicks in.

Here is a link to the American TOS Association:

http://www.atosa.org/

Another TOS board to visit:

http://www.dailystrength.org/c/Thora.../support-group

wikipedia: for better understanding...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thoracic_outlet_syndrome

There's just so much it is overwhelming. Ask if you have specific questions or concerns we can help you with.

You may want to check your medical records for possible answers and errors in your care.

TOS is not easy to live with... wish you the best results possible. Be careful who you let work on you. They need to be experienced with TOS.

(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote