View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 10:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default A better way to treat TN, perhaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylastnerve View Post
I am following this thread as well....I am considering an MVD, and cannot find decent, thorough, first person descriptions of if, just understated PHD-speak, for what sounds like a confounding and very difficult disorder.
If you don't mind, I, for one, could really benefit from what you have to say, as I try to make my own critical decision regarding surgery.
Thank you for anything you can share. It could really help.
Gratefully,
Mylastnerve
MaryBird Perkins in Baton Rouge, La does Stereotactic Radiosurgery which like Gamma Knife is a bit more precise. I've heard several people who had one treatment and never were pain free. I tried that first, but I had more a-typical symptoms than clearly TN; but the doc I saw in FL swore that the MVD would get rid of all my pain. So, if you are sure it is TN, please call Dr. Waguespack in BTR and/or oncologist Dr. Rene Levine. There was also a news article done about it on their local television. I got to talk to a woman named Susan who had the surgery about 5 or 6 months prior and was still pain free. Non invasive, you have to have about an 8 lb. halo connected to the skull so that they can get precise measurements. If anyone with TN has a chance, try this before you have an MVD and discover next you have AD.
My life is a living hell because of an MVD; I hope this gives you some more ideas.
All three branches of my face right side are constant pain 24/7. It is very difficult to live this way and I ask the Lord to take me, but I think he has another purpose. He hasn't revealed it to me yet.
God Bless, I hope you can have this much more simple procedure, a bit of swelling in your eyes but no long term scaring or anything like AD.
findingjulz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote