View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 12:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Mark in Idaho
I've driven through Idaho quite a few times, in the big lava valley and through Twin Falls down into Nevada. Wow.

I haven't applied for SSDI myself because I have been working up until last month when I was laid off, along with a whole bunch of other people. I did have a lot of struggle before the central apnea was diagnosed. They put me on a BIPAP, but I never could get the damn thing to really work well. After another sleep study, the sleep folks said that they had discovered that Central Apnea can respond to a CPAP. It works better than the BIPAP, though I don't remember what a great night of sleep was like.

I stopped with coffee back in the 1980s, and drink only tea occasionally. I don't do sweeteners. I take ritalin because Kaiser doesn't have provigil in its formulary. I was working in retail sales (jobs in clergy and for counselors had vanished) and zoning out and freezing up. First try with ritalin, and I suddenly got a sense of how "normal" people worked.

If it gets any weirder, and I find I can't find my behind on a sunny day, I'll start thinking about SSDI. Right now we're doing that paperwork for my wife....

thanks

gershonb
gershonb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote