View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 09:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman View Post
lmo,

There is always a chance with every trauma (like surgery) that you will get a flare-up of RSD symptoms. I assume you mostly have the RSD in the leg/foot that had the tendon surgery. You fear that you could end up with RSD in your hand/wrist/arm and you are correct.

There is also the possibility that you will not get much in terms of increased RSD pain or location. I had a spinal cord stimulator installed, and did not get any RSD flare as a result. It is not guaranteed either way.

You will need to weigh the potential for an RSD flare against the expected relief from the orthopedic surgery. Sometimes you just need to do it, because you cannot continue the way it is. I am doing the exact same thing right now, contemplating having some screws removed from an old fusion in my foot. Will I hurt worse, or will I get overall relief?

Finally, be sure you get a surgeon and an anesthesiologist who are expert in RSD. You should have the right to question whether they have had experience with RSD patients. They can then take all of the precautions possible to assure the best outcome.

Good luck to you. Let us know how it turns out.

Mike
Quote:
There is always a chance with every trauma (like surgery) that you will get a flare-up of RSD symptoms. I assume you mostly have the RSD in the leg/foot that had the tendon surgery

thanks Mike for giving some detail on my post, i probably shouldhave provided an explanation too, but you did it so well. thankyou cz
CZZ74 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote