View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 10:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim0918 View Post
Hey , where did you hear that about the placebo?? I cant imagine it being so. You're getting the drug straight into your system it has to be better!!!!
WTF .. when are we going to get something that will give us some damn help and stop all this marketing ******** if they've had this therapy for 20+ yrs why wont it work for us?
F@@@@ Dumb A@@. Go ahead and censor me
Jim,

Sorry if I confused. It's just that placebo control research is highly suspect any more given the results of the Ceregene trials. They're finding that PWP are highly susceptible to placebo effect (given that it's linked to dopamine centers in brain may have a little something to do with it). I figure that with Duodopa also undergoing placebo controls, there may be problems- this is sarcasm- I don't know that there actually is a problem at this point.

It is true; however, that this therapy was conceived of by pharma researchers over twenty years ago, and that the infusion pump is successful in Europe for at least four years. Why, then, would it be a problem for the FDA to approve it here?

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote