View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 10:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Megan and Seara- It sounds like we have more in common than we don't! I am not sure what to think about that. At least we know that we are not alone, though. Seara...I was just wondering if you have had a spinal tap to check for MS. Considering your symptoms and the fact that you have all of those lesions, how can they be sure that they aren't MS lesions? Just curious as to how they can be certain that it isn't MS.
True enough, we are not alone. Although I sure wish we could not be alone without these tremors and other symptoms.

I did have a spinal tap a number of years ago and it came back normal. At that time, I had 5 lesions, 1 was in the corpus collasum, the others were in the frontal lobe and other areas but the neuro considered them unimportant. With my latest MRI, there were no lesions in the corpus collasum nor (according to this neuro) did they look to be MS lesions. Neuro felt they were caused by migraines and type II diabetes. I can understand the migraines scenario, but the diabetes I question as I have been on meds and diet control so the sugar levels have been good.

I just wish I could get back some of my fine motor control with my hands. It's so frustrating to be shaking and tremoring all the time And I can't pursue anything with docs and/or meds as I have no health insurance. Blah!

Hang in there ((((( Evonne ))))) and I hope you can find some relief soon.

Best to you!
seara
seara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote