View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 10:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Ulnar Nerve

Hey there! Just got back from work so I'm back to my other job...here...

I'm not exactly sure why he has the cramping/clawing etc at night - I think that because his body is relaxed, it goes into protective mode and this is why it happens. As far as preventing it from happening - We've found that with a LOOSE brace - One that is firm, yet flexible, yet also restrains, or prevents it from curling up helps with the pain the next morning and helps him to sleep through the night. (Well...a little more then before...)

That of course is with his left arm. The right he had the ulnar nerve transposition and then developed the RSD in - That arm (the right) still curls at the wrist (as he needs carpel tunnel surgery) but right now there is nothing we can do about that. His Doc says that until the RSD is under control they will do no further surgeries...

You were saying your chiro has helped with the nerve entrapment and moving the nerve back to where it belongs? I'm wondering if this might be an option for him - Although....they figure the casing around the nerve is crushed at the elbow.....I'm gonna have to ask his doc about that or a local chiro - see if it can be of some benefit to him. Thanks for the heads up though! Might be an option for us.

HubbyWithRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote