View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 02:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default where do I find one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gershonb View Post
I'm glad you got help to do the cleaning. Your aunt gives off a whiff (no pun intended) of hoarding disorder. Hoarders can not notice the smell of their environment. But I'd suggest getting a social worker who does case management. These folks are experts at bringing together a lot of different services that your aunt probably needs. A friend can clean once, but there is no guarantee that it won't get bad really quickly.

keep in touch

gershonb
Do I contact her social security disability case worker or someone else? She has a care manager (is that the same as a "case worker"?) through her county's Office of the Aging program -- but I've talked with them extensively about this, and the only way they'll help is if she would agree to have personal hygiene as part of their services. My aunt most definitely needs would benefit from having someone, such as a home nurse, help her a couple of times/week -- but there is no way in the world that she would ever let it happen. You see, she is a very independent and stubborn woman.

Thanks for listening.
color is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote