View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 04:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doydie View Post
At the hospital where my husband works they aren't required to get a flu shot but they will not be covered for any sick days if they ge tthe flu.

I'm also getting both as per my hospital's policy but I find your DH's facility's statment really odd. I thought it was common knowledge that there are no guarantees even if you are vaccinated. What I was taught to tell my patients is that if they do get the flu the thinking is that it won't be as severe as it might have been.

It probably is a violation of rights except as karousel wrote I'd prefer to know that my compromised/hospitalized loved one wasn't being cared for by a carrier of one of these diseases. As health care professionals kind of know there are certain risks involved in our jobs I guess.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
Anonymous
Jules A is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (09-24-2009), karousel (09-24-2009), Kitt (09-24-2009), SallyC (09-24-2009)