View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 06:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Babyeeyore99,
Welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear that your aunt had some seizures. My best advice to you is to get her to an Epilepsy Center which are usually at University hospitals and have her see a neurologist or even better a Epileptologist (Dr. specializing in epilepsy) I've had seizures for 37 yrs. and they have found that often times when a person has heart problems and there's not a good flow of blood to the brain it will sometimes cause seizures. Your aunt should have an e.e.g., MRI, CT scan, and also have stress test to see if her heart problem is causing her seizures. Tell your aunt to stay away from cell phones because they can trigger seizures and have her write down on a calendar each time she has a seizure stating what time t was along with a discription of the seizure. Have your aunt take note of the weather also because sometimes a low pressure in the weather can cause seizures for some people. Tell your aunt to stay away from nutra sweet or any artifical sweetner because it's been proven that the aspartame causes more electrical activity in the brain and can lead to seizures. I found that out the hard way drinking diet soda and it caused me to have many seizures.
Your aunt might want to start taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. a day it has helped a lot of people with epilepsy and you can buy it right over the counter. I hope I have been of some help.
I wish you and your aunt only the best of luck and May God Bless the both of You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote