Thread: SCS question!!
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 08:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Scs

I also had a scs implant this year feb 3 and I have had none of the problems you have , Its not wright, follow up with your DR. Donna
Quote:
Originally Posted by tg08 View Post
Hey everyone, I'm new to this site as of, well, today! I thought I'd give this a shot before I go to my doc. Well, I'm 19 and hurt my back two years ago from dancing. I got diagnosed with spondylolisthesis of my L4/5 S1 a few months after i started getting back pain. I went through pain meds, physical therapy, injections, facet join inj., radio frequency ablasion (having my nerves burned) and nothing helped. Some docs wanted me to get a fusion but i refused because im so young. So I went down the Spinal Cord Stimulator route. I got the permanent SCS implanted on Feb 6 of this year (from advanced bionics) everything has been good, with a little bit of pain on the incision in the middle of my back probably due to scar tissue.

The Problem:
A few days ago I noticed a pain where my leads go from the battery pack at the bottom left side of my back to the center of my back where the second incision is... it hurts to touch the leads and to sit back on it... I'm thinking it's just some adhesion around the leads but I don't know if it's serious or not.
It's really uncomfortable... you can see where the leads go from the battery pack to the center incision..and when you touch them or anywhere around them its really sore...any advice!?!?
donnap9 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote