Thread: Is this normal?
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 08:27 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I had my LP under floroscopy (sp?) - which is a big xray type of machine that helps the doc find the right spot for the needle to go. I didn't feel pain, but a lot of discomfort from the pressure in my spine. I joked that I could relate to those Capri Sun Juice boxes when they were done since they took so much out.

They had me in the recovery room flat on my back for a couple hours afterwards with some water. Then it was home to continue the lying on the back to keep the dreaded headache some get at bay. For me the water and laying down combo worked to keep that from happening.

Not sure why they would insist on another LP tho. I'd definitely ask the doc for the reasoning behind that to see if it's a good one.

I've nicknamed the MRI experience as "shooting the tube" Both spinal and brain. Hubby jokes we should be getting our free set of steak knives here soon from my frequent visits. Almost fell asleep during the last one, but they gave me some valium that time which helped my fear of being trapped and kept me from moving too much.

Dx'd MS 2007, Fibro 2009
FinLady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote