View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 09:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused How many tysabri infusions before you noticed a difference?

Hi, I am new here. I have been searching all over the web for an answer to this question. I am sure that the answer will vary, but I would love to hear some people's answers. I was diagnosed with MS in 2003. I was on copaxone for most of that time. I was not always compliant. I will admit that. I never had any change in MRI during that time, but.. my initial MS attack was severe. I thought I had a stroke. I lost all use of my right side. I have 2 large lesions in my left peri ventricular region of my brain and one smaller one in the right hemisphere. My main symptoms are fatigue, decrease in cognition, depression, memory loss, pain in my ankles(both) , pain in my wrists and fingers, numbness and tingling in my hands and feet, spasms in my calfs. My calfs feel like bricks. I do not walk with an assistive device. I worked until May of this year. I had a reasonable accomodation , work no more than 8 hours a day, but my company continued to give me more work than could be done in an hour day and for the last 2 years, I went from the bed to the computer to the bed. I used to walk for 45 minutes a day and had great muscle tone. I felt great 2 years ago. In a 2 year period, I completely went downhill. I ended up giving my house away to the bank so I could move in with family and going on disability. I have just started Tysabri. I am 37 and had a great career and I am not ready to give up yet. I think I can come back. I don't have much energy, I have pain every day, am depressed and have problems with my cognition and being disoriented. I cannot multi task. My memory is impaired. Sorry for the long story, but has anyone had similar symptoms and started tysabri? Have you noticed an improvement? After which infusion? How did you know you were improving? I don't know what it feels like to feel well. My doctor asks me if something hurts and I dont know. I forget what it feels like for things to not hurt. Does that make sense? OK, Enough rambling. Thanks for your responses, I feel lost. Sorry.
mich72 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (09-27-2009)