View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 12:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Right forum? Sensory Ataxia

I was diagnosed with Sensory Ataxia caused by hypothyroid disease on Sept 11. I have had problems since October 2005. Not sure if this is the "final diagnosis" or not. I will have an EMG soon, my neurologist's office is scheduling it as I type. I also have orthostatic hypotension and have a tilt-table test next month.

It was a long, very difficult journey to get diagnosed. Sometime I will share bits of it--right now I need to think forward. It definitely is not in my head, as several doctors said--lousy exams because they had decided my diagnosis before seeing me.

My legs are the most affected. I have the "equine-gait" and loss of some reflexes and response to stimulation in my feet.

At times I wonder if this started in childhood. I was extremely clumsy, so much so that my mom had to set up an obstacle course on the driveway so I could learn to run without crashing into people and things. I was the kid who couldn't do any sport--but not for lack of trying. Just makes me wonder....

Not sure what else to put in this post--so will stop here. Thanks for reading and responding--it is appreciated,

lifesaver54
lifesaver54 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote