View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 06:59 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Cool

Oh how I agree. The weather this winter...did I say winter...is it really winter...hummm. All I know is with all the rain this weekend, we should have about a foot or two of snow on the ground today, with more falling all day today. The shoveling may not be my favorite to do, but I do miss the snow.

Six years ago this past Dec 21st my oldest grandson was born. That week I was caring for his 2 1/2 yrs old sister (9 yrs in a few weeks/Feb). It snowed every single day while he and his mom were in the hospital here in Gettysburg...five days. Plows had a hard time keeping up and I was still a Floridian back then and hadn't driven in snow since we lived in northern Japan. We left there in 1975, so it had been a very long time ago.

I want snow! I want snow! I want snow! Can you hear me pounding on the table...LOL

This is the week I pack. Moving from my beautiful apple orchards countryside into the "city". Not that Gettysburg is huge of anything. The battlefields keep the city limits in check. By the time Steve posts the weekly check in for next week, I will be done moving. While I will sorely miss my countryside, the plus is that I can walk to the market, the post office and the shops on the square. So, I will get more exercise...if I want it...ha ha ha.

Well, off to the shower and babysitting all day at my daughter's house. I do have a rather serious medical test today. I am continuing to assume that it will be negative. I certainly don't need a third incurable disease to deal with...LOL

As my good friend says each morning at the end of you morning mail...I am off to dance through the day. I love that thought. Leaves a beautiful picture in my head.
Weekly Check-In Jan 7-13 2006-2758b-jpg

Hugs to everyone! Have a great week!
85.gif

p.s. Hope my constant graphics don't irritate everyone too much. If so, just holler and I will quit.
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote