View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 03:40 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I fought retirement! I didnt want it, I felt cheated, I felt robbed. I thought for sure my life was gonna be over. I went out kicking and screaming until...

once I got some time behind me. Some rest behind me. some sanity behind me. some medications behind me. Some support behind me, I found that my life was a thousand times better. The removal of the stressors of my job, and the pressures that surrounded it were awesome! I no longer had to panic about having meals prepared a week in advance, the laundry, the ironing, the shopping, the housekeeping, the schedules that surrounded mine that needed to be in sync, children that had to be dropped off or picked up, MD appointments, dental appointments, and so on...the list really does go on.

You know it when you reach the point of being ready, and it sounds like you are there my friend. Start being kinder to yourself. Research what you need to do for that SSDI. Make sure you research what your check will be. Can you live on that? Make sure your household budget, and expectations of other family members are in alignment with your own. I think you are ready to simply step up and ask for a chance to take better care of yourself.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (09-25-2009), ewizabeth (09-25-2009), Lady (09-26-2009)